Boat licencing and registration procedure
Canal Licences, River Licences & Moorings
Below are costs for canal licences, river licences and mooring charges.
CANAL FEES, MOORING FEES & RIVER FEES FROM 1st JULY 2021 TO 30th JUNE 2022.
NO CANAL LICENCE – NO LAUNCH
CANAL LICENCES VAT In
- Full Year (non-riparian member) R 1,978.00
- Full Year (Riparian member for boats in addition to first free boat) R 1,724.00
- Commercial Full Year (non-riparian member) R 4,350.00
- Commercial Full Year (Riparian member) R 3,447.00
TEMPORARY CANAL PERMITS
- One Day R 212.00
- Seven Days R1,378.00
- River Full Year Commercial Multi river Single river
- Up to 15hp R 560 R 680 R 450
- 16hp to 120hp R 1,100 R 950 R 720
- Greater than 120hp R 1,820 R 1,330 R 1,100
- Per 7 days or less (all hp’s) R 175
MOORINGS AT THE CANAL HARBOUR & SHORE ROAD
- Full Year (1st July 2021 to 30thJune 2022) R 7,537
- ½ Year (1st July 2021 to 31st December 2021) R 5,528
- ½ Year (1st January 2022 to 30th June 2022) R 5,528
- Per Calendar Month R 3,151
Available from the Canal Harbour Office Tuesday to Saturday from 8am to 4pm.
Canal Harbour Office 042 294 0079 or 0636964906 or email@example.com
Kromme River Office 083 696 4906 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- COF is required for all boats with an engine in excess of 15hp and for all Jet Skis.
- All boats & jet skis must travel at NO WAKE SPEED in the canals. (No wake speed means the speed that a boat or jet ski travels without causing a wake or wave in the water)
- Proof and copy of ID is required for all boat licences.
- Proof of residence (Kouga Municipal account) and ID is required for all Riparian Levy Owners free and discounted boat licences.
Canal Office – 042 294 0079 or 063 696 4906
Kromme River – Nicholas Windvogel – 073 871 9252
Instructions for completing the licence form
- Download the attached Excel file “Boat Registration form 2020-21.xlsx”
- Enter your information into blocks A, B, C, D
- Phone the office on 0636964906 during normal office hours to confirm what fees to enter in block E
- Save the file to your computer
- Email the completed file to email@example.com
Payment and collection of licence stickers
- Payment can be by
- 1.1. EFT to St Francis Riparian Home Owners, Nedbank account number 1190831279, use your name as entered on the form as your reference, email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.2. Debit or credit card at the canal harbour office during normal office hours.
- Collect your license stickers from the office during normal office hours. You will require the following when collecting a licence:
- A valid COF
- Copy of ID
- Proof of residence (Kouga Municipal account) for Riparian Levy Owners free and discounted boat licences.
- Proof of payment
Programming of the gate opening tags
Gate opening tags will be reprogrammed at the canal harbour office when your licence and/or mooring is issued.
New tags are available if required. The new tag cost is R40 and payable at the canal harbour office by debit or credit card.
- Apply to the KJRC (email@example.com) for an exemption letter for the boat with a length in excess of 6.6m. Provide the KJRC with a copy of the COF.
- Boats over 6.6m which were licensed from 1st July 2019 to 30th June 2020 for the Kromme River will be allowed to licence for the Kromme River from 1st July 2020 to 30th June 2021 providing they are in possession of a KJRC exemption letter.
- New boats over 6.6m which have not previously been licensed for the Kromme River will not be allowed to license for the Kromme River.
Licence and mooring applications are also available directly from the canal harbour office providing it is COVID-19 safe.