Explore The Canals
Discover the Canals of St Francis Bay with over 500 homes bordering on 10km of Canals with access to the beach, ocean and the Kromme River.
An exclusive lifestyle for boating enthusiasts combined with the unparalleled beauty and tranquility of the St Francis Bay Canals and the Eastern Cape coastline.
- Take a scenic cruise around the St Francis Bay Canals and visit one of three excellent restaurants by boat.
- Walk along one of our pristine beaches and look out for the dolphins which are regular visitors to our shores.
- Take time out on the River and indulge in a little fishing or spend time viewing our diverse bird life including the resident flock of flamingos.
- For the more adventurous the canals offer a safe venue for Open Water Swimming and Paddling in all its forms, Canoe, Surf-ski and Stand Up Paddle Boards with the Kromme River estuary ideal for Water Skiing and the river mouth offering excellent Kite and Wind Surfing. The possibilities are endless!
- The Canals are a stone’s throw away from the St Francis Bay village which is famous for its black & white building style and thatched houses and offers all the amenities that one would expect from a holiday destination.
A Unique Experience
Open Water Swimming
Obituary – Bennie Morsink
Very sadly we mourn the passing of Bennie Morsink (1941-2020) on the 11th November after a short illness.
Bennie was instrumental in setting up the St Francis Bay Riparian Home Owners Association in 2006 and concluding the agreement with the Municipality to manage and maintain the canals on behalf of the Municipality. He has served on the board of directors of the association since its inception and has acted as chairman or vice chairman for many of those 14 years.
He was passionate about maintaining the canals to achieve the world class standard that they are today and worked tirelessly to achieve this.
He will be greatly missed by his family, friends and colleagues.
Our thoughts are with Bennie’s family at this very sad time.