Welcome to the St Francis Bay Canals
The jewel on the Eastern Cape Coast in South Africa
Discover the Canals of St Francis Bay with over 500 homes bordering on 10km of Canals with access to the beach, ocean and the Kromme River. This unique environment offers an exclusive lifestyle for boating enthusiasts combined with the unparalleled beauty and tranquility of the Canals and the Eastern Cape coastline.
- Take a scenic cruise around the Canals and visit one of three excellent restaurants by boat.
- Walk along one of our pristine beaches and look out for the dolphins which are regular visitors to our shores.
- Rent a self-drive boat for a day out on the River with the opportunity to indulge in a little fishing or relax and view our diverse bird life including the resident flock of flamingos.
- For the more adventurous why not try activities such as safe Open Water Swimming in the Canals, Water Skiing on the Kromme River, Kite Surfing in the River mouth and Paddling in all its forms, Canoe, Surf-ski and Stand Up Paddle Boards; the possibilities are endless.
- The Canals are a stone’s throw away from the St Francis Bay village which is famous for its black & white building style and thatched houses and offers all the amenities that one would expect from a holiday destination.
The St Francis Bay Canals are managed by the St Francis Bay Riparian Home Owners Association and we hope that this website will keep you more informed of the Association and St Francis Bay in general.
St Francis Bay Riparian Home Owners Association
The St Francis Bay Riparian Home Owners Association NPC (SFBRHOA) was created to administer, manage and maintain the Canals on behalf of the Kouga Municipality and in accordance with the local bylaws which are in place to regulate the Canals.
The riparian zone of St Francis Bay includes the Canals and all erven and public open space bordering the Canals.